In this video, produced by Plate to Planet, Nourishing the Planet co-project Director, Danielle Nierenberg, explains that factory farms have profound effects, not only on our own health, but also on the environment.
Nierenberg suggests that consumers need to know where their food comes from, and that starts by creating awareness at a young age. By adding more vegetable-based protein to our meals and cutting back on meat consumption, we will not only improve our own health, but the health of our environment.
- New Frontier Farmers and Processor Group: Reviving Farmland and Improving Livelihoods
- Alternatives to Antibiotics in Animals: Looking to Africa for Answers
- Livestock Experts Tackle Disease Outbreaks and Biodiversity Loss
- Creating a Diet for a Healthier Planet
- In Case You Missed It: The Week in Short
- Finding Common Ground to Improve Livelihoods and Conserve Wildlife