Check out these photos sent by Worldwatch Board Member Izaak Van Melle who is currently testing out solar cookers in The Gambia. Solar cookers work by absorbing and concentrating heat from the sun to cook food without the need for any kind of combustible fuel, improving the efficiency of home cooking while also reducing the amount of labor and fuel needed to prepare a hot meal.
To purchase State of the World 2011: Innovations that Nourish the Planet please click HERE .
- What Works: Feeding Cities
- Nature Emphasizes a Focus on Innovations that Nourish People and the Planet
- Finding Common Ground to Improve Livelihoods and Conserve Wildlife
- Interview with Phil Bereano: Part I
- Innovation of the Week: Turning an Invasive Species into a Livelihood
- Nourishing the Planet at the Agriculture and Rural Development Day 2010
- Where Cultivation Meets Conflict: Farming in the Niger Delta
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Arlington Academy of Hope