In this week’s episode, research intern Kaia Clarke discuss one tool that for farmers is even more important than the seeds, soil, and water needed to cultivate food for the table and to sell at the market—knowledge. From five-day weather forecasts and new techniques in planting to up-to-date information on current market prices, the more farmers know the more they can benefit. And as cell phones become more prevalent worldwide, farmers are gaining even more access to the information they need.
To read more about how farmers are benefiting from knowledge sharing technology, see: Texting on the Farm .
- Texting on the Farm: Mobile Technology Provides Farmers with Useful Information in India
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Getting to Market
- Untapped Potential for Nourishing the Planet
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Bridges to Understanding
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Arlington Academy of Hope
- Nourishing the Planet with Sustainable Farming
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Using Tradition to Address Water Scarcity
- State of the World 2011 Launches in South Africa