Check out this slideshow of photos from the recent launch of Eating Planet–Nutrition Today: A Challenge for Mankind and for the Planet in New York City. Co-hosted by Nourishing the the Planet and the Barilla Center for Food & Nutrition, the event featured a panel on “How do we feed (and also Nourish) a planet of 7 billion?” Panelists included food waste activist and author of American Wasteland, Jonathan Bloom; founder of The 30 Project and new member of the BCFN Advisory Board, Ellen Gustafson; publisher of “Edible Manhattan” and author of Eat Here, Brian Halweil; Stephanie Hanson, Director of Policy and Outreach for the One Acre Fund; Kelly Hauser, Agriculture Policy Director for the One Campaign; and founder and director of Citizen Effect, Dan Morrison. Samuel Fromartz, editor-in-chief of the Food & Environment Reporting Network, moderated the discussion and Nourishing the Planet project Director served as the convener. Check out our Flickr page for more photos.
To read more about the launch, see: Celebrating “Eating Planet–Nutrition Today: A Challenge for Mankind and for the Planet”
Click here to purchase a copy of the book.
- Celebrating “Eating Planet–Nutrition Today: A Challenge for Mankind and for the Planet”
- Small Planet Fund’s Annual Party and Auction Fundraiser in New York City
- Tune in Here to the Eating Planet Launch!
- Eating Planet Launch Livestream
- Eating Planet Now Available for Digital Download
- Eating Planet: An Interview with Hans Herren
- Eating Planet: An Interview with Ellen Gustafson
- Eating Planet: An Interview with Marion Nestle