The article discusses how the agricultural sector can play an important role in moving towards a greener economy. Local organizations in Sacramento and around the world provide examples of how small-scale, sustainable farming not only encourages job creation but also reduces the environmental impact associated with energy intensive industrial farming.
Click here to read the article.
- Investing in India’s Small-Scale Farmers
- Creating Food Sovereignty for Small-Scale Farmers
- Instead of One Size Fits All, Many Innovations for Improving Small-Scale Agriculture
- Re-Directing Ag Funding to Small-Scale Farmers for Improved Food Security
- On International Women’s Day, Thinking About the Majority of Small-Scale Farmers
- Farming the cities, feeding an urban future
- Urban Farming for Bangalore’s Future
- Demand for water threatens small farmers in Botswana and Sub Sahara