According to the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization, industrialized countries waste 222 million tons of food annually. But there are easy–and inexpensive–ways to reduce food waste, including composting, recycling, and donating excess food to those in need.
Click here to read the full article.
- Love Food, Hate Waste: UK Campaign Promotes Understanding and Preventing Food Waste
- Reducing global food waste
- Innovation of the Week: Beating the Heat to Reduce Post-Harvest Waste
- What Works: Reducing Food Waste
- Food Reserves Could Come Back Into Vogue
- Reducing Food Waste: Making the Most of Our Abundance
- Reducing Food Waste in the Event of An Erupting Volcano and Other Farming Hazards
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Beating the Heat to Reduce Post Harvest Waste