Recently Radio Australia, the international radio program of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, interviewed Nourishing the Planet director Danielle Nierenberg. The interview focused on food waste in both developing and developed countries.
In the developed world, we throw away food that’s perfectly good before we ever have a chance to eat it. In the developing world, lack of resources, such as proper storage devices, results in harvest losses. Bumpy roads and a lack of refrigeration mean the building up of infrastructure is key to providing food security in the developing world.
Click here to listen to the broadcast.
- CBS Radio Seattle on Nourishing the Planet
- Nourishing the Planet on ABC Australia
- Nourishing the Planet on Minnesota Public Radio
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Reducing Post-Harvest Waste
- Nourishing the Planet in USA Today: In a world of abundance, food waste is a crime
- Reducing Food Waste: Making the Most of Our Abundance
- Nourishing the Planet & Slow Food in Vancouver Sun
- What Works: Reducing Food Waste