Preparations are already underway for the second annual Food Day, a nationwide celebration of healthy, sustainable, and affordable food founded by the Center for Science in the Public Interest’s Michael F. Jacobson.
Food Day brings together organizations and individuals working on food issues as varied as hunger, nutrition, agriculture policy, animal welfare, and farmworker justice. Next year, Food Day will take place just 12 days before the 2012 elections, and organizers expect that it will provide an opportunity for citizens and candidates alike to discuss important food policy issues.
Check out this video of highlights from last year’s Food Day events.
Click here to find out more information on the second annual Food Day.
- A Thousand Gardens are Underway in Africa
- Join the Worldwatch Institute’s 15th Annual State of the World Symposium in DC Next Week
- Small Planet Fund’s Annual Party and Auction Fundraiser in New York City
- What works: Increasing Food Sovereignty
- Food As the Solution at TEDxManhattan
- Peak oil phenomenon will transform food industry
- Food Price Instability hurting millions
- Farmworkers Fast for Fair Food in Florida