This week, PBS’ Newshour featured the One Acre Fund and their work helping small farmers in East Africa. The organization supports farmers by providing them with credit, good-quality seeds and fertilizer, and insurance.
The report on the One Acre Fund is part of the Food for 9 Billion project, which looks at the challenge of feeding the world in a time of social and environmental change.
Click here to read the story and watch the full report.
- One Acre Fund: Serving Rural Smallholder Farmers
- New York Times Reports that Biofuels are Leading to Higher Food Prices
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Securing land rights one acre at a time
- Supporting Rural Communities, One Acre at a Time: An Interview with Margaret Vernon
- Food Systems Trial reports on 30 years of studying organic agriculture
- Ending Africa’s Hungry Season for Smallholder Farmers
- Nourishing the Planet in the Seattle P-I: Thinking Big by Starting Small
- Resolving the Food Crisis