Check out this op-ed published in the Inter Press Service news agency, about Worldwatch’s recent Vital Signs report on organic agriculture.
The article discusses the benefits and opportunities of organic farming worldwide. Irganic farmland has grown more than threefold since 1999; in this time, certified organic products have created a niche market, allowing farmers to earn premium prices over conventional products, particularly when selling to supermarkets or restaurants.
To read the full article, click here.
- Certified Organic Farmland Still Lagging Worldwide
- The Value of Organic Farming: On the Farm and In the Marketplace
- Organic Agriculture’s Resilience Shows Untapped Potential
- The Challenges of Organic: Scott Updike of the USDA National Organic Program Speaks
- Food Systems Trial reports on 30 years of studying organic agriculture
- Making More with Less: Growing Organic Food in a Small Space
- Navdanya: Supporting organic farming in India
- Will Organic Food Fail to Feed the World?