In this week’s episode, we discuss World Neighbors, a non-profit that works in farming communities around the world to teach sustainable agricultural practices, including drip irrigation and terracing techniques. With help from World Neighbors, these farmers are learning how to overcome challenges, including drought and poor soil, to feed their families, while conserving valuable natural resources.
To read more about World Neighbors work, see: Innovation of the Week: World Neighbors Relies on Community Participation for Sustainable Agriculture.
- Innovation of the Week: World Neighbors Relies on Community Participation for Sustainable Agriculture
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Rebuilding Communities with Livestock
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Slow and Steady Irrigation Wins the Race
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Getting Water to Crops
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Water From Thin Air
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Empowering Women to Feed Communities
- Nourishing the Planet with Sustainable Farming
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Providing an Agricultural Answer to Nature’s Call
Tags: Africa Agriculture agriculture policy Drip Irrigation Irrigation Nourishing the Planet Nourishing the Planet TV NtP TV social sustainability State of the World sustainability Water World Neighbor
Posted on January 11, 2012 at 4:30 am.