In this week’s episode, research intern Matt Styslinger explains how small scale livestock can not only help to improve diets, livelihoods, and the environment, but also how they can help to maintain and rebuild communities. Livestock have the ability to not only provide milk and meat, which generates income, but they also provide manure, which can be used as fertilizer as well as biogas for cooking.
To read about how smallscale livestock can improve food security and preserve and rebuild communities, see: Innovation of the Week: Using Livestock to Rebuild and Preserve Communities.
- Innovation of the Week: Using Livestock to Rebuild and Preserve Communities
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Empowering Women to Feed Communities
- Meet the Nourishing the Planet Advisory Group: Jim De Vries
- Honoring the Farmers that Nourish Their Communities and the Planet
- Where Cultivation Meets Conflict: Rebuilding Liberian Farms in the Aftermath of War
- Healing with livestock in Rwanda
- Livestock Keepers’ Rights: Conserving Endangered Animal Genetic Resources in Kenya
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Water From Thin Air