In this week’s episode, research intern Janeen Madan, discusses GardenAfrica, a UK-based non-profit organization that forges partnerships with African non-profits. Together, they develop appropriate training to assist families and communities to manage natural resources more sustainably and establish organic gardens in homesteads, schools, hospitals and other public areas to improve diets and livelihoods.
To learn more about farming techniques that improve production and diets as well as soil quality, water conservation and biodiversity, see: Cultivating Health, Community, and Solidarity.
- Innovation of the Week: Cultivating Health, Community and Solidarity
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Giving Farmers a Reason to Stay
- Untapped Potential for Nourishing the Planet
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Beating the Heat to Reduce Post Harvest Waste
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Participatory Analysis for Community Action
- In the Classroom, “Trickle Up Education” to Improve Diets and Livelihoods for the Whole Community
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Handling Pests with Care Instead of Pesticide
- Nourishing the Planet at the Agriculture and Rural Development Day 2010