In this week’s episode, communications associate Janeen Madan explains how improving access to water can increase harvests, incomes, and improve nutrition and the overall quality of life. With the majority of people surviving off agriculture in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia, better access to this important resource means better food security.
To learn more about improving access to water, see: Innovation of the week: Access to Water Improves Quality of Life for Women and Children.
- Innovation of the Week: Access to Water Improves Quality of Life for Women and Children
- For Many Women, Improved Access to Water is About More than Having Something to Drink
- Improving Water Access in India, One Drip at a Time
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Water From Thin Air
- Innovation of the Week: Getting Water to Crops
- UN Declaration: Access to Clean Water and Sanitation is a Human Right
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Funding a Blue Revolution
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Making Water Clean with Dirt