Check out Nourishing the Planet co-Project Director, Danielle Nierenberg, speaking about the role pastoralists and livestock keepers play in helping to mitigate climate change on December 4th, 2010 at this year’s Agriculture and Rural Development Day in Cancun, Mexico.
To learn more about the role agriculture can play in mitigating climate change, see the forthcoming State of the World 2011: Innovations that Nourish the Planet, as well as: Livestock Keepers’ Rights: Conserving Endangered Animal Genetic Resources in Kenya, Creating a Roadmap for Environmentally Sustainable Meat Production and Consumption, Cultivating an Interest in Agriculture and Wildlife Conservation, Malawi’s Real Miracle, Emphasizing Malawi’s Indigenous Vegetables as Crops, Finding ‘Abundance’ in What is Local, Honoring the Farmers that Nourish their Communities and the Planet, Investing in Projects that Protect Both Agriculture and Wildlife, Happier Meals: Rethinking the Global Meat Industry and Mitigating Climate Change Through Food and Land Use.
- Nourishing the Planet at COP16 in Cancun
- Marula: Food, Function, and Sustainable Development
- Nourishing the Planet Celebrates Food Diversity at Salone del Gusto and Terra Madre 2010
- Nourishing the Planet at Slow Food Internationals Terra Madre 2010
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Handling Pests with Care Instead of Pesticide
- Meet the Nourishing the Planet Advisory Group: Jacob Wanyama
- Finding Common Ground to Improve Livelihoods and Conserve Wildlife
- Untapped Potential for Nourishing the Planet