The 2012 Farm Bill, which is currently being discussed in the U.S. Congress, is also being debated by many experts in the field.
Among the topics being talked about by lawmakers, farmers, and consumers are the continuation of government subsidies for commodity crops like soy and corn, and the role the government should play to tackle unhealthy diets, global hunger, and ineffective nutritional assistance programs,
Click here to follow the New York Times online debate on the Farm Bill.
- Worldwatch Responds to the New York Times
- New York Times Reports that Biofuels are Leading to Higher Food Prices
- Agro-Imperialism in the New York Times
- The New York Times is Reading State of the World 2011
- Olivier De Schutter Discusses the Right to Food and the Need to Unite Food Movements
- Hunger in the Media Seminar Discusses the “F-Word”
- Ronnie Coffman Discusses His Project to Contain Virulent Wheat Disease
- Nourishing the Planet in the NWI Times