We have a whole new crop of interns with the Nourishing the Planet team this fall. Today, meet Alyssa Casey.
Alyssa is currently a graduate student at George Washington University studying Philosophy and Social Policy. She plans to focus on agriculture and health policy, especially as it relates to international development.
Alyssa received her undergraduate degree in graphic design from Saint Norbert College in De Pere, Wisconsin. During her time at St. Norbert she became very involved in The Zambia Project, a campus-based organization that fundraises for Zambia Open Community Schools and promotes awareness about issues of education and development in Zambia, Africa.
She participated in two service trips to Zambia delivering school supplies and meeting with school leaders and community members to discuss successes and needs.
Recently, Alyssa spent four months living and working in a rural Zambian village with Same World Same Chance, a non-profit organization working to establish a high school, health clinic, and organic farm in Kibombomene, Zambia. During her time in the village she painted educational murals, helped with the planting of the farm and orchard, taught English to school children, and worked on community fundraisers.
Alyssa loves traveling and besides Zambia has spent time in Italy and Ireland. Her experiences in Zambia and around the world have shaped her passion for human rights and issues of nutrition, food security, and social justice. She is excited to work with Nourishing the Planet, bringing awareness to, and promoting solutions for, a healthier and more sustainable world!
- Meet the Nourishing the Planet Team: Caitlin Aylward
- Meet the Nourishing the Planet Team: Victoria Russo
- Meet the Nourishing the Planet Team: Ioulia Fenton
- Meet the Nourishing the Planet Team: David Batcheck
- Meet the Nourishing the Planet Team: Rachael Styer
- Meet the Nourishing the Planet Team: Angela Kim
- Meet the Nourishing the Planet Team: Kristen Thiel
- Meet the Nourishing the Planet Team: Olivia Arnow