Check out this article in Kenya’s East African covering the release of State of the World 2011: Innovations that Nourish the Planet and its recommendations to help farmers in sub-Saharan Africa combat the changing climate.
The article addresses the need for climate change adaptation policies in agriculture to address gender, equity, capacity building and distribution issues, while building on local knowledge and emerging research and technologies. It is also crucial that policies support farmers to diversify their crops and build resilience in the face of both institutional and climate uncertainty.
- East Africa Organic Conference 2010 in Nairobi, Kenya
- Stories of Nourishing the Planet: From the Embu Slopes of Mt. Kenya Forest
- Nourishing the Planet in the African Science News
- Keeping Up With Nourishing the Planet
- The Keepers of Genetic Diversity: Meeting with Pastoralist Communities in Kenya
- Urban Farming in Kibera, Kenya: Land Tenure
- Livestock Keepers’ Rights: Conserving Endangered Animal Genetic Resources in Kenya
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Turning an Invasive Species into a Sustainable Livelihood