Unequal access to healthy foods is a serious issue in London—obesity disproportionately impacts poor families who can afford only cheap, processed foods. Thankfully, a number of organizations, like London Food Bank and Community Harvest Ontario, are helping low-income children gain access to healthy foods.
Click here to read the full article.
- 15 Innovations Making School Lunches Healthier and More Sustainable
- Making School Food Healthier in Buffalo, NY
- Healthier Kids: School Programs Improve Eating Patterns
- At Back-to-School Time, Let’s Press for Healthy Eating
- Healthier US School Challenge
- Helping Poor Children Avoid Poor Diets
- New Evidence Shows That School Food Policy Matters When It Comes to Kids’ Health
- The Hunger Shames: Schools Can Set Children on Lifetime Path of Healthy Eating