In California, every year 6 million tons of food ends up in landfills. One reason so much food is wasted is that most Americans refuse to eat the less-appealing cuts of meat. But utilizing a variety of meat products can be a more sustainable way of cooking and eating that can ultimately reduce food waste. Many Los Angeles restaurants are now serving some of the most unusual, yet delicious dishes that highlight every part of the animal, to critical culinary acclaim.
Click here to read the full article.
- Lunch Lessons Learned for the Longterm: D.C. Farm to School Program Brings Local Foods to Local Schools
- Save the Date—Launch of State of the World 2011: Innovations that Nourish the Planet!
- Playing Games to Save the Planet
- New Cassava Varieties Save Zanzibar’s Food Security
- World Scientists Tackle Food Insecurity
- New Oxfam/AJWS Report Shows U.S. Food Aid Reform Could Save 17M Lives
- World Population Day: Agriculture Offers Huge Opportunities for a Planet of 7 Billion
- Food Reserves Could Come Back Into Vogue