Nourishing the Planet was recently featured in Die Zeit, one of the most widely read weekly newspapers in Germany.
The article discusses the issue of post-harvest waste and how policies in industrialized nations often add to the problem. European Union regulations, for example, put such harsh restrictions on produce, that certain vegetables and fruits that are not as aesthetically pleasing do not make it to supermarket shelves.
Click here to read the article.
- What Works: Reducing Food Waste
- Reducing Food Waste: Making the Most of Our Abundance
- Innovation of the Week: Reducing Food Waste
- Reducing Food Waste in the Event of An Erupting Volcano and Other Farming Hazards
- Nourishing the Planet TV: Reducing Post-Harvest Waste
- Radio Australia talks food waste with Nourishing the Planet’s Danielle Nierenberg
- Fresh Ideas for Food Waste
- Global Food System Inspires Global Activism