The article discussed food waste, and how innovative agricultural solutions, such as composting, can help to deter the problem. According to the UN Food and Agriculture Organization, a staggering one-third of the food produced in the world is wasted, rather than consumed. In North America, more than 20 percent of all meat is wasted. Some of that meat spoils before it can be distributed and some is damaged by bad handling, but more than half is simply wasted by restaurants, grocery stores and consumers.
Click here to read the article.
- Reducing Food Waste: Making the Most of Our Abundance
- What Works: Reducing Food Waste
- Reducing global food waste
- Looking at Creative Ways to Improve Livelihoods with Agriculture
- Vertical Farms: Finding Creative Ways to Grow Food in Kibera
- What’s (Solar) Cooking in the Gambia?
- Letting funding go to waste
- Innovation of the Week: Reducing Food Waste