Worldwatch spent the last few months pulling together an Advisory Group for our Nourishing the Planet project, and last Friday we had the opportunity to meet two of the group’s members in person at the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) campus in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Alan Duncan, a livestock scientist, and David Spielman, a Research Fellow at the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), who has an office on the ILRI campus, gave us their thoughts about why they agreed to be part of NtP. See below for video. (Note: due to technical difficulties, video of Alan Duncan is not available)
- Dry Land, Dry Sentiment: Remembering Traditional Patterns in Times of Drought
- Market to Market: The Challenge for Land-Based Livelihoods
- Leaving on a jet plane–Ethiopia here we come!
- Weathering Famine
- Letter from Des Moines 2: A World Food Prize Postmortem
- These innovations have legs: Meeting with ILRI and IFPRI in Addis