On January 21st, TEDxManhattan featured a series of speakers with backgrounds in food and farming who shared their knowledge and expertise with thousands of audience members watching either in-person at the event or virtually from around the world.
In her talk, “Green Carts: Bringing the Backyard to the Bronx,” McLean describes the Green Cart program, a fleet of vending carts that sell only fruits and vegetables all over the city. Residents in some areas of New York City lack access to fresh and affordable produce, but the Green Cart program brings fruits and vegetables right into their neighborhoods, making healthy eating more affordable and accessible.
- Breaking It Down: Bringing the Industrial Process a Little Closer to the Backyard
- Changing the Way We Eat: Thinking of Soil as More Than Just “Dirt”
- Bringing Sustainability Home
- Bringing Agriculture to the Table
- Maintaining Links to Tradition in a Changing World
- Bringing High-Quality Food Aid Closer to Home
- Bringing the Community Together to Make Shared Dreams a Reality
- Landscapes for People, Food and Nature Initiative: Bringing together grassroots and world leaders for innovative integrated solutions