By Catherine Ward
International Day of Peace is held every year on September 21, providing a unique opportunity for individuals to participate in life-saving activities and actions around the world.
For the 2012 Peace Day, Recipeace has partnered with Peace One Day to promote global awareness of Peace Day and inspire peaceful action by individuals. Recipeace brings people together over good, local food to settle differences and create understanding.
Recipeace invites you to take a pledge for peace and settle your differences with someone over dinner this Peace Day on September 21. Recipeace has drawn up creative peace meal recipes for you to try on Peace Day, that are linked to inspiring stories from the past on how food bought conflicting people together. There are also a number of participating restaurants in Recipeace 2012 where people can share a meal over dinner to resolve a conflict.
Catherine Ward is a research intern with the Nourishing the Planet project.
To purchase State of the World 2011: Innovations that Nourish the Planet please click HERE.
- Liberian President honored with Nobel Peace Prize
- To Bring an End to Hunger, Finding What Really Works
- Partnering at the Negotiating Table to Feed the World
- After the War: Finding Peace and Fulfillment in Agriculture
- Bringing Agriculture to the Table
- Bringing Agriculture to the Negotiating Table at the World Economic Forum in Davos
- Innovation of the Week: From the Township Garden to the City Table
- Nourishing the Planet TV: From the Township Garden to the City Table