While farming is often blamed for many of our environmental problems, small-scale agricultural innovations offer long-term solutions to protect our most precious natural resources. These models help strengthen urban agriculture, improve water management, and increase soil fertility, while preserving the Earth’s natural biodiversity.
At a time when climate change and rising food prices are increasing global food insecurity, investment in these agricultural practices is essential.
- Agriculture: The Unlikely Earth Day Hero
- Promoting Sustainable Agriculture on Earth Day
- Organic Agriculture and Genetic Engineering Work Together In Surprising Ways
- Farming Innovations that Nourish People and the Planet
- Survey Says: More Innovations for Sustainable Ways to Alleviate Hunger
- Our Survey Continues to Receive Responses from Innovators in Agriculture
- Nourishing the Planet at the Agriculture and Rural Development Day 2010
- The Opportunities and the Risks of Climate Change